Monday, November 10, 2008

This is as positive as I get!

Fall. I use to like it, now it just brings me down. As a child I would love fall because it was all about leaf piles my Dad would make for me, sweaters, cider, crisp nights & comfort food. Now, as a jaded adult, all I see is "WINTER IS COMING, TIME TO GET REALLY DEPRESSED". I HATE being an adult, Jeez Louis, where has my inner child gone? How can I regain my love for all things fall? Only one thing to do...look to my children.













Open my eyes & really see the world around me. Thankfully, I have a camera to take pictures that I can look to when I'm under a pile of snow.



When in doubt, exercise! Scale a tower of hay.



Petting a fuzzy creature makes everyone happy.


Or blog about how much I hate cold feet, winter morning mucus, non-stop runny noses & shaving in a bathroom that has a temperature that hovers just above 30 degrees.
I'll do my best to be positive....ok...no I won't. Who am I kidding?! Cold sucks. Must remember fuzzy bunnies, fuzzy bunnies, fuzzy bunniessssss.
Enjoy the remainder of fall, because it will be over before you know it!





5 comments:

Stacey said...

Happy to see you pulled your kids into this to make it more positive. I can think of something worse for you---being dragged through 2 shopping malls while you look 4 months pregnant-oh yeah!!

corn fed girl said...

Are you are jealous of my food baby? Yeah, 2 malls, 2 states, extreme bloating gas = gooddd timesssss

Normal Mom said...

Next time, we'll go to a nice museum where they only sell water and bagels.
I hate being cold too, but I love the look of the first snow when everything is clean and the sun pokes through the clouds and the ice sparkles on the branches. And then I make myself a cup of hot chocolate. Mmmmm, hot chocolate....Anyway.
I know you hate this about me, but there is always a silver lining...why don't you get one of those Seasonal Affective Disorder lights?

corn fed girl said...

Who needs a light? I'm think'n about starting up drinking. Just to get me through the winter months. Consider it medicinal.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you tell me you blog? I'm so excited to read your blog. I can totally relate to this post. I can't enjoy fall anymore either (though pictures of your kids are always fun to look at!) As my husband says, there aren't four seasons, there are only two: Summer and Sick. We are officially in sick over here. Hopefully this winter won't be as bad as the last one for us!