Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shanty Town fun

Let me just say....my dishwasher is lovely! Oh happy day when my beloved dishwasher was installed! Everything went fine & dandy. No dirt or plumber crack was left behind. Mister Dishwasher Man even took away my old, broken down dishwasher (hopefully it went to a chop shop so some parts could be salvaged & sold...can't stand the fact that it was unceremoniously dumped in the landfill!)

Not only did I receive my new dishwasher...but something else was given to me. Something so grand & so special I almost hug Mister Dishwasher Man when he offered it to me. Behold....................


THE BOX

My son playing video games from the safety of THE BOX


The girls sleeping in THE BOX



Decorating her new digs.

This is why childhood is great. You can get pleasure from the simplest things in life....& then you can fight over it with your siblings until your wicked mother puts THE BOX in time out!




4 comments:

The Queen Bee said...

We got a new dishwasher last year and the BOX was the best part. It stayed for a long time. Wish I had as much praise for the dishwasher, it was a lemon!

Stacey said...

Ethan looks so cute in that box! It is amazing what a piece of cardboard does for kids.

AndieF said...

I still remember, and have pictures, of the Fire Truck that one of the preschool moms made, and that AWESOME shoe that you made out of two boxes. Way exceeded my expectations, and was WAY more creative than I would have been. Ellie still talks about that shoe sometimes LOL!

Mary said...

I am sorry to tell you this -- but your dishwasher is just sitting in a landfill not biodegrading any time soon. The box is great -- I love the pics! We got a huge box with our treadmill and the kids were busily concocting all kinds of games and then when they left it unattended Matthew unknowingly broke it down and hauled it away. They were crushed (like the box).