Tuesday, February 3, 2009

9 weeks

9 weeks.....Nine weeks....IX weeks. I am nueve weeks..........












without a blasted dishwasher! But as we speak, a strange man is standing in my kitchen (grunting...& not the good grunting, the "sh&% this ain't working" grunting!) installing my new, better be working dishwasher.

He just came down to ask me if I was sold a water line....um...no I was sold a dishwasher & you better make it work or I will bust a cap. Do NOT mess with me! 9 freak'n weeks hand washing dishes for a family of 6 has made me a very violent person. I hand washed Christmas plates for goodness sakes. MAKE IT WORK! MAKE IT WORK NOW!


I'm a girl who likes the slow life. I fought against things like computeres & CD players for years. I was horrified when my dad bought me a CD player when I was 16. Aghasted at modern technology! I would not have that garbage in my house! Note...I was 16, no children & living with my Dad...who was never home. I ran the dishwasher once a week...no joke! I have learned that I really like having a 21 century home. I don't need a dishwasher...I just proved that these last 9 weeks. But dang it, I WANT it!

Some women would have the ability to take it as it comes, to enjoy the steady work & the quiet (my kids scattered when I did the dishes) Yeah...those women are rare, annoying & luckily few in between! But in the end, when it was necessary, I was able to stand at my sink & clean. Plunging my rubberized hands into scalding, soapy water. Scrapping the remains of the day away. Breathing in the lemony soap & thinking of women before me leaning over their sink & doing the same things for their family.

Ah yes, it was magical. For nine weeks I picked up a old time routine, revisited the past & I must admit......







I HATED EVERY DAMN MINUTE OF IT!
Uggg! That dishwasher better working mister or I will hunt you down & scrub you in my sink of nightmares!



Ol' timing it!


Do you like my glorified dish drying rack? At least it was good for something!


4 comments:

Normal Mom said...

I hate doing the dishes with a passion. I lived without a stove for 5 months, but I would have lasted about three days max without a dishwasher.
I also don't love the environment when I am faced with lots of dishes, I will instinctively turn to paper and plastic.
I will be holding my breath for you.

The Queen Bee said...

Try no kitchen sink for a week... dishes in the bathtub!!! Just sayin'.

Stacey said...

That sucks!! I am with Joy-all paper and plastic-the environment would have to take a backseat in my misery.

Mary said...

So -- I am on the edge of my seat -- is it working???