Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Fix

It was a good day for a fix. Sun was shining, a soft breeze-a-blow'n. Very fine day indeed. I had heard about the "product" through the grapevine. Peeps told me it was good, it was life giving, soul stretching. I was hesitant to partake. I didn't want to get addicted especially in this financial climate. I knew I could get hooked fast. Then I would need it. All.. the.. time. I envisioned my pocket book drained,my children crying, begging me to stop.

I told myself I wouldn't let "it" have power over me. I would rule my addictions, the addictions would not rule me! But still, I had to have a taste. Test my boundaries, push my limits. Live on the edge.

As I walked up to the pick up point, the smell in the air smacked me in the face. I could hear the wind tell me to turn back, I would not be strong enough. I sucked that smell into my brain & pushed through the crowd. "I can do this" I chanted in my head. I refused to listen to that wind. Wind don't got not'n on me!

As I walked, I saw "her". The Pusher. I locked eyes w/ the beast. Oh yes, she was a beast! I could see the danger lurking under her soft, light brown hair, round brown eyes, & soft shoulders. She didn't fool me! She looked sweet almost saintly on the outside, but I knew on the inside...... she was a cold, blackened spirit. We stood facing each other. Our eyes never blinking. I wasn't scared "Bring it beeyach!"

She offered me samples...thinking she could lure me into her twisted world. Her big eyes blinking innocently (or blinking because of the flies of death zipping around her head!) "I can do this...live on the edge Baby!" I sang in my head as I reached for her poison.

I will have you know, I sampled.... oh yes...I sampled. I took again & again. My veins screamed for mercy but her poison was too much for me. The wind mocked me! My head screamed! I was out of my mind, crazed... CRAZED! I grabbed 3 baggies & a brick of the stuff. My body was now in control, my mind was lost. Soon, my Pusher had drained my pocket book. I lost. I lost the battle.

Days are now spent w/ me crouched in a corner w/ my fingers picking out the devil candy from the baggie. I dream of the stuff. I hear it talk to me, begging me to let it relieve my aches & pains. The curds of hell squeaking in my teeth, melting on my tongue, seeping into my blood. I am lost.





















The "Pusher"

Her eyes can't hide the Beast inside!













She recruits her minions young. This one is only a week old. Sick.




My down fall. Natural Cheddar Cheese (won 1st. place in the state fair, Pure evil) Bacon Horseradish Garlic Cheddar, Tomato Basil Garlic & Smoked Gouda






Yeah, sure, Devil Cow sure looks cute on that label. She's still a DEVIL COW! Curse you Ropp Jersey Cheese Makers! You hooked another soul! Even my children are hooked! Good Gourd people...CHILDREN?!!!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

So are you constipated now from all that cheese???