Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Behold my Super-Ubber-Awesome-ness!

For those of you who need inspiration, this post is for you. Sit back & bask in my wicked greatness! Gather all the great things you learn from me & put it in a little "to do" book.
Now I must warn you....if any of you feel defeated or depressed at your lack of motherhood greatness...STOP READING. Really, it will only make your depression worse. Please know that one day, after much prayer & Zoloft you will be able to get back on that motherhood horse & ride it. Ride it hard. But for now, don't make your life any more painful by viewing my post.

And now, back to The GREAT 12th. BIRTHDAY PARTY EVENT OF 2008!
My first born has turned 12! For birthdays we go ALL out. We have a family birthday party at their restaurant of choice (as long as its cheap) and they can order whatever they want (as long as it's cheap) So my son chose Logan's Roadhouse. It's a great restaurant that's serves the greatest hot, soft, buttery buns. Oh so good. We made sure everyone ate at least 4 before ordering. That way they will fill up on free rolls & not order much or better yet, share!
After dinner we head back home to a cookie cake & gifts.

The kids always look forward to their "friend party". This is my chance to shine & show my kids how much I really love them. Because we all know that wicked great party = love!
My boy had 4 of his friends over (I like small parties, because lets face it...kids are loud & I don't do loud) They had fun playing Ghost in the Grave yard (note to pet owners...clean up the dog crap before outside games) and Hide & Seek. Serious side note As parents we like to think that kids are older then they appear. But 12 year old boys are still BOYS, children. We didn't turn anything electronic on all night. It was great to see these boys be children (well I didn't enjoy all the screaming & running & screaming) Left to their own imaginations, they thrive, cooperate & have fun. TURN OFF THE ELECTRONICS! End of serious note

I love pictures so I documented all my knarley party throwing abilities. I think you'll be impressed & awed!


DECORATIONS. I think the sparse, utilitarian look is what all the hip 12 year old boys dig these days. Check it out! That's all the decorating I did...its not too much is it? Not over the top? Some times I get a little crazed w/ the streamers. I actually did his chair on his birthday....10 days before the party.












THE CAKE I wish I could say I did that on purpose to be funny...but I didn't. Stupid, broken brain! It took me a good 4 minutes to figure out why it didn't look right. "DERRRRR"










THE CLEAN UP. Note the lopsided cake. NEAT! Its like the Leaning Tower of CRAP.

MUCH BETTER. Note the added flare. All you do is write out the letters in frosting then put a big fat dot at all the ends. It covers up the craptastic lettering, makes it look cleaned up.

THE FOOD. Why cook when you can stand in line for 15 minutes at a restaurant across the street from 2 major colleges on Homecoming Weekend to pick up THE GONDOLA. Behold its tastiness! The Gondola is a Midwest, college staple. So lovely.


So we had the decorations, the cake, the GONDOLAS, chips & pop. The kids barely ate a thing (hey, leftovers, sweet!) The played & riped open gifts, played w/ gifts, ran the neighborhood in the dark & screamed.

My boy thought it was awesome & that's all that matters.

Que the song "Lowered ex-pec-taaaaaationssssss" fade out.


4 comments:

Stacey said...

FUNNY!! Laughing out loud!!!!! OMG!!! A girl might be scarred by all of that but not a 12 year old boy. The cake is actually pretty good. I would definately eat it. I actually think the decorated chair is a good idea-I might try it although mine won't look as good as yours. All 12 year old boys care about is farting and hitting each other.

Anonymous said...

Ohh you make me feel like a good mother! You CAN take that as a compliment if you would like otherwise you can feel sad for me. LOL The cake is AWESOME even if it is the leaning tower of crap (jk) LOL ! You rock!

Mary said...

I heart your spelling error -- awesome. How did you fix it?

corn fed girl said...

I fixed the spelling error by scrapping the frosting off w/ a knife. Smeared some more frosting around w/ my finger. Then licked every thing clean. Tasty mistakes are the best!